At a Glance
Founded in 1972, Westminster Schools of Augusta is a college preparatory school that seeks to glorify God by providing an excellent education that equips students to live extraordinary lives for Jesus Christ.
Enrollment for 2013-14 | 608
Lower School (Pre-K – 5): 275
Middle School (6 – 8): 135
Upper School (9 – 12): 198
The School Day
Pre-K and TK Hours: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Jr. KinderCubs (Pre-K and TK Enrichment Class): 12 – 2 p.m.
Kindergarten Hours: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Grades 1 – 5: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Grades 6 – 12: 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Student/Teacher Ratio | 11:1 (Pre-K through 12)
- SAT (Middle 50% Range): Critical Reading 510 – 640; Math 530 – 640; Writing 500 – 640
- SAT Combined Average: 1738
- ACT Average Composite: 25.5
- National Merit Scholars: 1 National Merit Semifinalist and 2 National Merit Commended
- Scholarships Awarded: $2.7 million
- Percentage of class who qualified for the HOPE or LIFE Scholarship: 56
Advanced Placement | Courses are offered in 18 subjects. The pass rate and number of exams taken in 2013 reached 83 percent and 162, respectively.
Number of Alumni | 851
Current Operating Budget | $7.4 million
Extracurricular Activities (Georgia Independent School Association)
Athletics – 74 percent of Westminster students participate in at least one sport:
Fine Arts – 41 percent of Westminster students participate in at least one fine arts program
For a complete list of extracurricular activities, click here.
Accreditation | SAIS/SACS dual accreditation
- 2 students earned perfect scores on the 2013 National Greek Exam.
- 4 students placed above the 95th percentile in the nation on the 2013 National Spanish Exam.
- 32 students placed in the top eight percent in the country on the 2013 National Latin Exam.
- 6 students placed in the top ten in Georgia, and 3 placed in the top ten in the United States in the 2013 National French Contest.
- 36 students were named AP Scholars, representing 41 percent of the juniors and seniors. From those 36 students, there were 13 AP Scholars, 12 AP Scholars with Honor, 9 AP Scholars with Distinction and 2 AP National Scholars.
- The Science Olympiad team placed first out of 28 teams at the region competition.
- 1st place at state in the literary competition (1st time in school history)
- 6 students participated in All-State Chorus (the largest number in school history)
- 1st place at GISA state in Public Forum debate (1st time in school history)
- Semifinalist rank at GISA state in Policy debate
- 1st place at GISA state for competition cheerleading (1st time in school history)
- 1st place at GISA state for varsity boys tennis singles
- “Final Four” GISA state appearance by the varsity boys basketball team
- “Final Four” GISA state appearance and 1st place at GISA region for the varsity boys soccer team
- “Final Four” GISA state appearance by the varsity girls soccer team
- 3rd place at GISA state for varsity golf
- 1st place at GISA region for varsity boys tennis
Faculty/Staff Member Recognitions
- 2 Georgia Independent School Association Distinguished Service Award winners
- GISA Region 4-AAA Tennis Coach of the Year
- GISA Region 4-AAA Soccer Coach of the Year