At a Glance
Founded in 1972, Westminster Schools of Augusta is a college preparatory school that seeks to glorify God by providing an excellent education that equips students to live extraordinary lives for Jesus Christ.
Enrollment for 2012-13 | 625
Lower School (Pre-K – 5): 289
Middle School (6 – 8): 140
Upper School (9 – 12): 196
The School Day
Pre-K and TK Hours: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Jr. KinderCubs (Pre-K and TK Enrichment Class): 12 – 2 p.m.
Kindergarten Hours: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Grades 1 – 5: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Grades 6 – 12: 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Student/Teacher Ratio | 11:1 (Pre-K through 12)
Profile for Class of 2012
SAT (Middle 50% Range): Critical Reading 530 – 670; Math 530 – 670; Writing 550 – 680
SAT Combined Average 1830
ACT Average Composite: 24.6
National Merit Scholars: 1 National Merit Finalist and 2 National Merit Commended
Advanced Placement | Courses are offered in 17 subjects. The pass rate and number of exams taken in 2012 reached historic highs of 88 percent and 164, respectively.
Number of Alumni | 803
Current Operating Budget | $6.8 million
Extracurricular Activities (Georgia Independent School Association)
Athletics – 74 percent of Westminster students participate in at least one sport:
For a complete list of extracurricular activities, click here.
Accreditation | SAIS/SACS dual accreditation
- 4 Latin students earned perfect scores on the 2012 National Latin Exam.
- 1 student was named a 2012 Governor’s Honors Program Finalist in Latin.
- The Class of 2012 was awarded more than $1 million in scholarships.
- 1 student placed in the 99th percentile in the nation for the 2012 level 1 National Spanish Exam.
- 1 student placed in 98th percentile in the nation for the 2012 level 3 National Spanish Exam.
- 34 students were named AP Scholars, representing 44 percent of the juniors and seniors. From those 34 students, there were 16 AP Scholars, 5 AP Scholars with Honor, 13 AP Scholars with Distinction and 2 AP National Scholars.
- The One-Act cast of “See How They Run” won first place at the state competition.
- 3 students on the Literary Team earned the title of state champion.
- 2 students participated in All-State Chorus
- 1 student participated in All-State Orchestra
- 2nd place at GISA State in Public Forum debate
- Semi-finalist rank in GISA State in Policy Debate
- The varsity boys tennis team won second place at the state team tournament.
- The varsity girls soccer team won the 2012 GISA class AAA state championship for the second time in 4 years.
- The varsity competition cheerleaders won runner-up at the state competition.
- The varsity boys basketball team advanced to the “Elite Eight” of the GISA state tournament.
- The varsity girls basketball team advanced to the “Final Four” of the GISA state tournament for the 1st time in school history.
Faculty/Staff Member Recognitions
- 2011 American Chemical Society Division of Chemical Education Southeast Region Award for Excellence in High School Teaching
- 2012 Mickelson ExxonMobil Teachers Academy