Lower School Admissions
Welcome to the Lower School!
Lower School Look Book
PK3 through Fifth Grade
Admissions Timeline and Important Dates
- After receiving your application, teacher recommendation and transcript, the admissions office will contact you to set up your testing date
- January 23 – February 10: Lower School Testing
- March – Admissions decisions will be communicated
- Students entering PK3 turn 3 on or before Sept. 1, 2017 and must be potty trained
- Students entering PK4 turn 4 on or before Sept. 1, 2017
- Students entering TK usually turn 4 and a half on or before Sept. 1, 2017
- Students entering Kindergarten turn 5 on or before Sept. 1, 2017
- Students entering First Grade turn 6 on or before Sept. 1, 2017
To begin the application process, a completed application and $75 application/testing fee must be submitted to the school along with a copy of a recent report card and standardized test scores (unofficial copies are acceptable). Upon receipt of these items, parents will be notified of the scheduled dates for testing. This procedure also applies if you are reactivating a previous application. To access an application, click here.
Give the teacher recommendation form to your child’s current or most recent teacher. For PK3 – 5th grade, only one teacher recommendation is necessary.
Because this form is confidential, the teacher will complete and mail it directly to Westminster. As a courtesy to the teacher, please consider adding a stamp to the return envelope that has been provided with the recommendation.
Give the signed Transcript Release form to the office of the current or most recent school.
After the application has been submitted, you will be called to arrange the appropriate testing for your student.
After our testing is completed and your transcript has been received, parents will be contacted by the Admissions office to discuss test results and the admission decision.
If you are offered an enrollment contract, you will be sent instructions on how to enroll your child through our online enrollment system.
Note: To reserve your child’s place in their class, submit the $600 enrollment fee by credit card or e-check at the end of the online enrollment process. An acceptance letter will also be sent specifying any other documents that may be needed to complete the enrollment process.
Additional documents may include:
- Certified copy of birth certificate
- Georgia Immunization Certificate Form 3023 for students transferring from another Georgia school or Form 3231 for students transferring from a school outside the state of Georgia.
- Georgia Certificate of Eye, Ear and Dental Examinations Form 3300
Forms from other states are not acceptable under Georgia law.