It is the policy of Westminster Schools of Augusta to admit students without regard to family financial circumstances. The admission process and the financial aid process are separate processes. Families are encouraged, however, to apply for admission and financial aid at the same time to ensure that the Financial Aid Committee is able to make decisions in a timely manner.
Westminster Schools of Augusta expects that all families assume primary responsibility for financing a student’s education. Families must consider all of their personal resources before applying to Westminster for funds. Financial aid at Westminster is available for families with rising kindergartners through 12th-graders.
Financial aid grants are awarded each year and are need based, with preference given to returning students. Parents/Guardians are required to fill out a confidential financial statement each year. Annually, approximately 25 percent of Westminster students receive some amount of financial aid.
Financial Aid Determination
Westminster adheres to nationally established standards of best practice for financial aid administration. Westminster utilizes an online financial aid analysis service called FAST, which provides Westminster with a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition.
Applying for Financial Aid
- Click the FAST logo (above).
- The application process is self-guided. One may navigate in and out of the program, allowing for partial completion of an application and the ability to return to finish it at another time. An online support service via email and/or around-the-clock helpline are provided. Please do not call the school with questions.
- The charge to apply is $43 and is to be paid by credit card at the end of the session. Each household for a student must complete their own application and email or download and mail in all the required documents; however, only $43 will be charged in total.
- After completing the online application, email or download and mail copies of tax returns with all schedules and W-2s to:
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806-2594
- Parents of current Westminster students must fill out the online application by November 30 as well as mail copies of 2016 taxes and W-2s by March 1.
- Parents of new Westminster students must fill out the online application as well as mail copies of 2016 taxes and W-2s by March 1.
- Including “Westminster Schools of Augusta” on the outside of the envelope will ensure faster processing of your application.
- Be sure to make your tax appointment early!
Westminster is committed to building and maintaining a diverse community. We strive to attract students and families from different cultural and economic backgrounds. With the understanding that the cost of attending Westminster may pose a significant financial burden for some families, we have established a financial aid fund to assist families. The purpose of our financial aid program is to remove financial barriers for families who may not have sufficient resources to meet the total costs of a Westminster education.
All information received by Westminster Schools of Augusta is held in the strictest confidence. Financial information is never shared with faculty members, donors or among family members who maintain separate households.
In the case of separation or divorce, the assets of all parents are taken into consideration. Both custodial and noncustodial parents must complete an application for financial aid through FAST and submit the required documentation. When a parent has remarried, the assets of the stepparent are considered as a resource toward household expenses, bearing in mind the responsibilities of the stepparent to his or her own children. Therefore, the assets of the stepparent should be included in the financial aid application. Please note that omission of this information may be a determining factor in the granting of financial aid.
Notification of Award
When both the admission application process and the financial aid application process are completed, a family will receive their financial aid decision along with the enrollment contract.
Please note that late forms, errors or omissions in the financial aid application may seriously jeopardize a family’s chance of receiving an award.