October 31, 2014
- Printable schedules may be found on the specific sports’ pages. Start here and then select the sport for which you would like more information. You may also view upcoming athletic events on our online calendar.
- Also under the Athletics tab, you will find Directions to Opponents, a valuable tool to use as you travel to away contests.
- Visit the Our Coaching Staff page, which will provide a list of all of our coaches for each sport at each level. This page is designed to make it easy for you to determine who our coaches are and how to contact them.
NEWS & HIGHLIGHTS
- Visit the Athletics blog for updates on team/meet results.
- Basketball practice is underway and swimming will begin next week. The Middle School basketball teams begin their seasons on Nov.13. The varsity teams begin with tournament play on Nov. 20. The swim teams begin their seasons on Dec. 5.
- The Westminster girls cross-country team won the GISA AAA state championship out of 14 teams in Albany, Georgia, on Oct. 25 for the first time in Westminster history. The girls dominated the course with four runners in the top 20, including two All-State finishers – Emily Rogers and Tyra Kimbler.
- The boys cross-country team placed seventh out of 16 teams at the GISA AAA state meet on Oct. 25. Impressively, every one of the boys earned a personal record. Evan Downs placed third with a time of 16:14, earning All-State honors.
- Congratulations to the varsity football team on another outstanding victory on Friday, Oct. 24, against Gatewood. With a score of 38-0, it was a statement victory moving into the post-season. With this second region win, the team earned a thirdseed going into the state playoffs. Their opponent for the Nov. 7 game will be determined by games that are to be played on Oct. 31, but we are assured that it will be in the Atlanta area. Check the online calendar for updated schedules.
First Round Playoffs | Nov. 7 (location TBA)
ADDITIONAL ATHLETICS INFORMATION
The Cat Shack will be open at home football games. New football dry-fit shirts are available in all sizes. Also new this fall: Westminster spirit jerseys, “Wildcat Way” t-shirts for adults and children, and a variety of other spirit items. Purchase your new spirit wear now and enjoy showing your Wildcat pride all season!
Now is the time to purchase your Booster Club membership to take full advantage of all of the benefits! Several levels of membership are available:
|Family Membership||$175 annually|
|Alumni, Parents of Alumni, Grandparents||$75 annually|
|Seasonal Pass||$80 annually|
|10-Game Punch Card||$50 annually|
Admission for varsity football and JV/varsity basketball is $7 for adults, while varsity soccer and baseball cost $6 for adults. With a Booster Club membership, admission to these events (as well as all Middle School games) is FREE! While your membership directly benefits Westminster Athletics, it is also a great value for the money. Find complete Booster Club information and membership forms here.