October 24, 2014
- Printable schedules may be found on the specific sports’ pages. Start here and then select the sport for which you would like more information. You may also view upcoming athletic events on our online calendar.
- Also under the Athletics tab, you will find Directions to Opponents, a valuable tool to use as you travel to away contests.
- Visit the Our Coaching Staff page, which will provide a list of all of our coaches for each sport at each level. This page is designed to make it easy for you to determine who our coaches are and how to contact them.
NEWS & HIGHLIGHTS
- Visit the Athletics blog for updates on team/meet results.
FALL MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS RECAP
- Reminder – the Middle School football team will be recognized after the first quarter of the last home varsity football game on Oct. 24.
- Our Middle School golf team competed in the CSRA Tournament on October 14 and 15 and finished fourth overall.
- Our Middle School tennis team played in the CSRA Tournament on October 15. The boys placed second overall.
- Our Middle School cross-country team ran in the CSRA Championship meet on October 16. The boys placed second and the girls placed third.
- Congratulations to all of our Middle School athletes for competing well!
FALL VARSITY ATHLETICS RECAP
- CONGRATULATIONS to our varsity cross-country team for an outstanding showing at the Region 4-AAA meet on Saturday, Oct. 18. The girls are REGION CHAMPIONS for the first time in school history! Evan Downs is the boys’ individual region champion for the third year in a row, and the boys team finished second. The top seven boys and top seven girls from WSA will race in the GISA State Meet on Saturday, Oct. 25, at Darton State College in Albany, Georgia.
- CONGRATULATIONS to our varsity football team for their victory over Augusta Prep on Friday, Oct. 17, which ensures them a berth in the state playoffs, which begin on Friday, Nov. 7.
GISA AAA State Meet | Oct. 25 at Darton College, Albany
First Round Playoffs | Nov. 7 (location TBA)
The last home varsity football game is Friday, Oct.24, against Gatewood with kickoff at 7:30 p.m. The theme for this game is “Blue Out,” so wear your WSA blue with pride!
- Join us for a TAILGATE prior to the game at 6 p.m. in the parking lot near the end zone! Buy your hamburger or cheeseburger from the Cat Shack and bring an appetizer or side dish to share!
- The XTREME tunnel will be formed by our first- through fifth-graders. Meet by the goalpost near the parking lot at 7:15 p.m. to welcome our football team to the field!
- Fall Senior Athletic Recognition will be held at halftime. Plan now to attend and show your appreciation for our senior athletes!
- After the first quarter, our undefeated Middle School football team will be recognized. Congratulations to our Middle School Wildcats on a 6-0 record, making them the city champions!
Middle School Fall Athletic Assembly
Wednesday, Oct. 29, at 8:30 a.m. in the Middle/Upper School gym
ADDITIONAL ATHLETICS INFORMATION
The Cat Shack will be open at home football games. New football dry-fit shirts are available in all sizes. Purchase your new spirit wear now and enjoy showing your Wildcat pride all season!
Now is the time to purchase your Booster Club membership to take full advantage of all of the benefits! Several levels of membership are available:
|Family Membership||$175 annually|
|Alumni, Parents of Alumni, Grandparents||$75 annually|
|Seasonal Pass||$80 annually|
|10-Game Punch Card||$50 annually|
Admission for varsity football and JV/varsity basketball is $7 for adults, while varsity soccer and baseball cost $6 for adults. With a Booster Club membership, admission to these events (as well as all Middle School games) is FREE! While your membership directly benefits Westminster Athletics, it is also a great value for the money. Find complete Booster Club information and membership forms here.