February 27, 2015
- Printable schedules may be found on the specific sports’ pages. Start here and then select the sport for which you would like more information. You may also view upcoming athletic events on our online calendar.
- Also under the Athletics tab, you will find Directions to Opponents, a valuable tool to use as you travel to away contests.
- Visit the Our Coaching Staff page, which will provide a list of all of our coaches for each sport at each level. This page is designed to make it easy for you to determine who our coaches are and how to contact them.
NEWS & HIGHLIGHTS
Visit the Athletics blog for updates on team/meet results.
- Our girls varsity basketball team earned a berth in the GISA AAA state tournament with a strong showing in the GISA Region 4-AAA tournament. They had a big win in the first round of the state tournament on Tuesday, Feb. 24, outscoring Trinity Sharpsburg 60-39. With this win, the Lady Wildcats earn an elite place in Westminster basketball history with at least 20 wins this season. The girls continue on to the Elite Eight round of the state tournament on Friday, Feb. 27, playing Bulloch Academy at Bulloch at 6 p.m. Congratulations, Lady Wildcats!
- Our boys varsity soccer team has had an outstanding beginning of their season, beating both Greenbrier High School and Richmond Academy. Way to go, Wildcats!
Season Playoffs and Championships
Girls Varsity Basketball GISA State AAA Tournament | Feb. 27 at 6 p.m. at Bulloch Academy
Friday, March 13
Mark your calendar now for the first ever Booster Club Lobsterfest: “The MAINE Event.” Join us for a night of music, delicious lobster and great community spirit all by the creek on Westminster grounds.
Our specially-selected menu will include steamed, succulent lobster with drawn butter, accompanied by coleslaw, bread, beverages and dessert. Tickets for dinner are $30 each, or you can plan to pick up your lobster (live or steamed) and dine elsewhere for only $25 each.
“The MAINE Event” long-sleeved pocket T’s may also be purchased for $20. All proceeds will benefit the WSA Booster Club. To order your lobsters and T-shirt and for more information, click here.
The Lobsterfest will coincide with the Elliott Rivers Memorial soccer tournament, held at Westminster March 12 – 14, 2015. Click here for more tournament information.
Now is the time to purchase your Booster Club membership to take full advantage of all of the benefits! Several levels of membership are available:
|Family Membership||$175 annually|
|Alumni, Parents of Alumni, Grandparents||$75 annually|
|Seasonal Pass||$80 annually|
|10-Game Punch Card||$50 annually|
Admission for varsity football and JV/varsity basketball is $7 for adults, while varsity soccer and baseball cost $6 for adults. With a Booster Club membership, admission to these events (as well as all Middle School games) is FREE! While your membership directly benefits Westminster Athletics, it is also a great value for the money. Find complete Booster Club information and membership forms here.