February 5, 2016
NEWS & HIGHLIGHTS
Visit the Athletics blog for more complete schedules and game summaries.
Just to qualify for the GISA state championships is an accomplishment. Finishing at the top in this meet is extraordinary, as over 20 teams come together in Atlanta to compete. Our swimming ‘Cats performed incredibly well at state. Click here to read more on the Athletics blog.
This week, Senior Daria Stan signed a national letter of intent (NLI) to play women’s soccer at the University of Georgia. A signing ceremony was held on campus on Thursday, Feb. 4. Congratulations, Daria!
Thank you for supporting the Booster Club at the Pancake Flip! The following students are the Coloring Contest winners. All received a $10 Cat Cash Card.
- Most Appetizing: M & M Pancake by Charlotte Stansfield, Mrs. Moccia’s First Grade
- Most Authentic: Smiley the Smiling Pancake byEvan Landrum, Mrs. Joiner’s Third Grade
- Funniest: A Princess Pancake byJane Miller, Mrs. Esposito’s Kindergarten Class
Tennis coach Leisa Tebbs would like to thank the CSRA – CTA Community Tennis Association for their donation of tennis balls to local high schools for practice and matches. Westminster benefits greatly from this generous donation!
Please visit our athletic calendar for specific information as to time and location of each athletic event.
The Middle School Winter Athletic Assembly will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 10 at 8:30 a.m. in the Middle/Upper School Gym. All Middle School winter sport athletes will be recognized. Parents are welcome to attend.
Winter Senior Athletic Recognition will be held on Friday, Feb.12, which is the date of our last home basketball games. All senior varsity athletes and managers who are involved in a winter sport will be recognized at approximately 7:45 p.m. between the girls and boys varsity basketball games. Plan now to come and show your appreciation to our seniors!
SAVE THE DATE
The Booster Club’s Second Annual Lobsterfest will be Friday, Apr. 29. This year will include “Surf & Turf” options, so watch for more details coming soon!
Middle School Basketball CSRA Tournament | Feb. 4 & 6
Varsity Basketball GISA Region 4-AAA Tournament | Feb. 16 – 19
Varsity Basketball GISA State Tournament | Feb. 23 – March 5
SPRING SPORT TRYOUTS:
Some tryout dates have recently been changed so please note the start dates below for tryouts or the first day of practice. Please also visit the individual sport page for further details and to contact the coach if you have questions.
- Middle School Baseball – Feb. 8 at Westminster from 3:45 – 5:15 p.m.
- Varsity Boys Tennis – Feb. 17 from 4:30 – 5:30 p.m., mandatory team meeting Feb. 18 from 3:30 – 4:15 p.m. in the Middle/Upper School cafeteria
- Varsity Girls Tennis – Feb. 17 from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m., mandatory team meeting Feb. 18 from 3:30 – 4:15 in the Middle/Upper School cafeteria
- Varsity Boys and Girls Track – Feb. 8
- Middle School Boys and Girls Track – Feb. 5 information meeting (3:15 – 3:45 p.m. in Mrs. O’Neil’s room, #204), Feb. 8 practice begins
- Middle School Boys Soccer – Feb. 5 interest meeting (3:15 – 3:35 p.m. in Mrs. Goldsberry’s room, #203), Feb. 8 – 9, tryouts from 3:45 – 5:15 p.m.
- Middle School Girls Soccer – Feb. 8 from 3:45 – 5:15 p.m.
Additional Athletic Information
It is never too late to join the Booster Club! The spring season is just around the corner and now would be a great time to purchase a spring seasonal membership. Click here for more membership information.
Remember, Westminster spirit wear is now available online! On the Westminster website, look under Athletics to find the Booster Online Store and enjoy shopping on your smart phone or from the comfort of your own home.
All major credit cards are accepted. Spirit wear that is ordered online will NOT be shipped but will be delivered to the Lower, Middle or Upper School offices, depending on the age of your child. More delivery information is available on the online store page.
Click here to visit our online store, and remember, you will still be able to purchase spirit wear at all home basketball games with cash or check only.