January 23, 2015
- Printable schedules may be found on the specific sports’ pages. Start here and then select the sport for which you would like more information. You may also view upcoming athletic events on our online calendar.
- Also under the Athletics tab, you will find Directions to Opponents, a valuable tool to use as you travel to away contests.
- Visit the Our Coaching Staff page, which will provide a list of all of our coaches for each sport at each level. This page is designed to make it easy for you to determine who our coaches are and how to contact them.
NEWS & HIGHLIGHTS
Visit the Athletics blog for updates on team/meet results.
- Congratulations to Mrs. Shelley’s fourth-grade class for having the largest percentage of students attend the Lower School T-Shirt giveaway at the varsity basketball games on Friday, Jan. 16.
- Tennis coach Leisa Tebbs would like to thank the CSRA – CTA Community Tennis Association for their donation of tennis balls to local high schools. Westminster benefits greatly from this generous donation!
Spring Sports Tryout Dates
Sport tryouts will be updated here as the schedules are confirmed.
- Middle School Baseball – Feb. 2, 3:30 p.m. (at WSA baseball field)
- Varsity Boys Tennis – Feb. 9, 3:30 pm – 5 p.m.
- Varsity Girls Tennis – Feb. 10, 3:30 pm – 5 p.m.
- Varsity Boys and Girls Track – Feb. 9, 3:30 p.m.
- Varsity Boys Soccer – Jan. 7
- Middle School Boys Soccer – Feb. 2 – 3, 3:30 p.m.
- Varsity Girls Soccer – Jan. 7
- Middle School Girls Soccer – Feb. 3 and 4 – 3, 3:30 p.m.
Season Playoffs and Championships
Middle School Basketball CSRA Tournament | Jan. 29-31
JV & Varsity Swimming GISA State Meet | Jan. 31
Varsity Basketball GISA Region 4-AAA Tournament | Feb. 17-20
Friday, Jan. 23
Mark your calendar now for the annual Booster Club Pancake Flip during the varsity basketball games. Pancakes will be served from 5:30 – 8 p.m. The cost is $4 for all-you-can-eat pancakes and choice of beverage (milk, orange juice, water, coffee or hot chocolate)!
Children four-and-under eat free with a paying adult. For an extra dollar, two M&M pancakes will be made by our celebrity flippers to top off your all-you-can-eat pancakes! In addition, a side of bacon may be purchased for $1. Don’t miss this fun annual event!
Friday, Jan. 30
The varsity basketball games will feature a Middle and Upper School T-shirt Giveaway. Our Wildcats will play John Milledge in another important region game. The first 40 Westminster Middle and Upper School students in attendance will receive a free blue Westminster basketball T-shirt! (As always, there is no admission charge for Westminster students to attend Westminster athletic events.) After passing the gate table, each Middle and Upper School student should check in at the T-shirt table by providing his or her name and grade to get a free shirt. The grade with the largest percentage of students attending will receive a prize!
In addition, the 2014 state champion girls varsity cross-country team will be receiving their state championship rings during halftime (approximately 6:30 p.m.) of the girls varsity basketball game.
Wednesday, Feb. 11
The Middle School fall athletic assembly will be held at 8:30 a.m. in the Upper School gym.
Tuesday, Feb. 20
We will recognize our winter senior athletes and managers during the Winter Senior Athletic recognition, being held in between the girls and boys varsity basketball games (at approximately 7:15 p.m.). Plan now to attend and show your appreciation to our seniors!
Spirit wear will be available for sale at all home basketball games. Purchase your new spirit wear now and enjoy showing your Wildcat pride all year. New items are arriving frequently!
Now is the time to purchase your Booster Club membership to take full advantage of all of the benefits! Several levels of membership are available:
|Family Membership||$175 annually|
|Alumni, Parents of Alumni, Grandparents||$75 annually|
|Seasonal Pass||$80 annually|
|10-Game Punch Card||$50 annually|
Admission for varsity football and JV/varsity basketball is $7 for adults, while varsity soccer and baseball cost $6 for adults. With a Booster Club membership, admission to these events (as well as all Middle School games) is FREE! While your membership directly benefits Westminster Athletics, it is also a great value for the money. Find complete Booster Club information and membership forms here.