You Have A Choice
Pay income taxes to the State of Georgia
Provide funds to Westminster Schools of Augusta
- A 2008 Georgia law grants an income tax credit – not just a deduction – to individuals and corporations who contribute to qualified student scholarship organizations (SSOs) such as the Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program, Inc. (“GOAL, Inc.”)
- GOAL, Inc. is an independent organization that administers this program for Westminster and 121 other schools
- Last year Westminster received $119,000 from this program thanks to our many generous participants
- Unmarried individuals: up to $1,000
- Married couples filing jointly: up to $2,500
- Married couples filing separately: up to $1,250 each
- “C” Corporations: contribute up to 75 percent of Georgia income tax liability
- S Corporation shareholders and LLC members are limited to the individual tax credit limitations
- Contributions result in a corresponding Georgia income tax credit, not a mere tax deduction
- Contributions are also deductible for federal income tax purposes
How It Works
- Westminster has entered into an agreement with GOAL, Inc. that will benefit qualified students entering Westminster
- By law, the scholarships are only available to public school students who are transferring to Westminster Schools of Augusta
- The GOAL scholarship is awarded for the entire duration of the student’s attendance at Westminster and varies in amount each year based on need, the availability of funds and Westminster recommendations
- Your participation in GOAL frees up funds to support current students
When Should You Participate? NOW!
In 2012, the cap was met by the summer. This year (2013) they estimate the cap will be reached as early as May. Don’t miss out on redirecting your taxes!
A Simple Process
- Use the 2013 GOAL Paperless Process and participate online -OR-
- Fill out the contribution form. GOAL will use this information to complete the form they send to the Department of Revenue (DOR)
- Sign and date page 2 of Form IT-QEE-TP1
- Write a check to “Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program, Inc.” in the amount you wish to redirect to the GOAL Scholarship Program.* Do not write your check to Westminster.
- You may also use the credit card option and fill out your credit card information on the contribution form.
- Mail or return (1) the contribution form (2) your signed and dated Form IT-QEE-TP1 and (3) your check to: Westminster Schools of Augusta, Development Office, 3067 Wheeler Road, Augusta, GA 30909
- Westminster will forward this to GOAL, and they will submit your forms to the DOR for approval. Once GOAL receives approval, they will send you a copy of the form, a GOAL confirmation letter and a form IT-QEE-SSO1 Acknowledgement to file with your 2012 Georgia tax return (or, if you electronically file, to hold in your tax file in case the DOR later requests a copy)
* GOAL will hold your check until they receive your approved IT-QEE-TP1 Form from the DOR. Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program, Inc. is an IRS registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Frequently Asked Questions
- You can contribute less than the tax credit limit.
- Contributions to GOAL, Inc. merely use dollars that you would otherwise be paying to Georgia for income taxes, so please do not regard them as a substitute for your contribution to the Westminster Annual Fund.