Information & Forms
As you prepare your Georgia state taxes, take a moment to look at Form 500, line 16. This is the amount you pay in Georgia state taxes. Wouldn’t you like to see some of that money directly benefit Westminster? Under the HB1133, you are able to redirect up to $2,500 if you file jointly and $1,000 if you file separately. A C-Corp can redirect up to 75 percent of their state taxes. And starting in 2014, an individual who is a member of a limited liability company, shareholder or an “S” Corporation, or partner in a partnership (pass-through entities) is allowed a Georgia income tax credit for up to $10,000 of the amount they contribute to an SSO, as long as they would have paid Georgia income tax in that amount on their share of taxable income from the pass-through entity.
Through the GOAL Scholarship Program, these funds are made available to new students who have met the admission requirements at Westminster and show financial need after submitting all necessary information to the independent company SSO. This frees up budgeted money for current students who have financial need.
Please consider participating today. There is a state wide cap of $58 million that is predicted to be met as early as February or March 2014. Early participation guarantees your tax dollars can benefit our school. Any Georgia tax payer can participate: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, etc.
You may pay by check, stock donation or you can access forms on the website and pay with your credit card.
If you would like to participate, we strongly encourage you to do so as soon as possible. The opportunity may not be available later in the year.
GOAL Steps for Contributors
GOAL is now accepting applications and postmarked checks dated January 1 or later of 2014. Please consider participating NOW for 2014 before the tax credits are gone. Many people who wanted to participate last year were denied because there were no tax credits left.
• Use the 2014 GOAL Paperless Process and participate online
• Fill out the two required forms. GOAL will use this information to complete the form they send to the Department of Revenue (DOR)
• Make sure you sign and date page 2 of Form IT-QEE-TP1
• Write a check to “Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program, Inc.” in the amount you wish to redirect to the GOAL Scholarship Program. *Do not write your check to Westminster.
• You may also use the credit card option and fill out your credit card information on the contribution form.
• Mail or return (1) the contribution form, (2) your signed and dated Form IT-QEE-TP1 and (3) your check (made out to “Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program, Inc.”) to: Westminster Schools of Augusta, Development Office, 3067 Wheeler Road, Augusta, GA 30909
• Westminster will forward this to GOAL, and they will submit your forms to the DOR for approval. Once GOAL receives approval, they will send you a copy of the form, a GOAL confirmation letter and a form IT-QEE-SSO1 Acknowledgement to file with your 2012 Georgia tax return (or, if you electronically file, to hold in your tax file in case the DOR later requests a copy)
* GOAL will hold your check until they receive your approved IT-QEE-TP1 Form from the DOR. Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program, Inc. is an IRS registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization.