MS Chorus Excels at LGPE
On Tuesday, March 20, our Middle School Chorus performed at Large Group Performance Evaluation at Greenbrier High School.
The performance evaluation program sponsored by the Georgia Music Educators Association is an evaluation process for musical performance and sight-reading abilities for individual students, performing groups, and teachers. Performance Evaluation participation affords valuable opportunity and motivation for learning during an extended period of time prior to the event as part of regularly scheduled school work or in private studios in courses taught by accredited teachers.
The following ratings are awarded by each of three adjudicators in GMEA performance evaluations (selected text from the Adjudicator’s Guide to LGPE):
- Superior (1): Outstanding performance. Worthy of distinction of being recognized as among the very best.
- Excellent (2): Unusually good performance in many respects, but not worthy of the highest rating due to minor defects. A performance of distinctive quality.
- Good (3): A good performance, but not one that is outstanding. Shows accomplishment and marked promise, but lacks one or more essential qualities.
- Fair (4): A performance that shows some obvious weaknesses, generally weak and uncertain.
- Poor (5): A performance which reveals much room for improvement. The students reveal almost a complete lack of preparedness and understanding.
Our Middle School Chorus was not only awarded a Superior rating at LGPE, but they also received superior scores for 19 of the 22 sub-categories given by the judges.